Product-specific AV test files and URLs to verify product functionality
Many security-software vendors provide some means of verifying that the product in question is working properly. In a lot of cases, this is just the industry-recognised EICAR Standard Anti-Virus Test File or a variant of this. However, a number of vendors provide their own utilities, which are intended to check whether specific aspects of their own products are functioning as they should.
Below, you can find a list of such tools.
- Broadcom SOCAR cloud test file
- Cisco AMP test file
- CrowdStrike Cloud-Based Malware Lab
- FireEye test files
- Fortinet web-filtering test
- F-Secure URL-blocking test
- Malwarebytes Malware- and PUA-detection (pwd: mbam)
- Malwarebytes URL-blocking service test
- McAfee web-filtering test
- Microsoft Defender demo scenarios
- Palo Alto Networks tests
- Panda cloud test file
- Sophos web-filtering test
- Website for creating clean and malicious dummy test files (general)
We recommend contacting the respective vendor in order to find out how to use these tools, and any possible issues associated with their use.
If you are still unsure whether all product features are working properly, please contact the vendor’s support service for assistance.