Besides performing AV comparative testing and publishing the results in reviews and reports freely available to the public, AV-Comparatives also provides other services related to the IT security field.
The technical knowledge gained by AV-Comparatives from performing the tests is used commercially by independent partner companies to provide the best possible IT security advice to clients. To ensure that AV-Comparatives has no conflicts of interest, these partner companies are not allowed to work for any of the companies whose products are evaluated in the tests. Clients of the partner companies include major enterprises, consumer protection organizations, major media, banks, insurance companies, analysts, law enforcement agencies and government bodies.
Commercial services offered
- Disaster recovery after malware infection
- Clean-up of infected websites
- Security evaluation of existing protection system
- Assistance with choosing security systems and software; there will never be a recommendation for a particular manufacturer, but a range of products suitable for the customer’s requirements will be suggested.
- Forensic investigation after hacker attacks
- Data reconstruction after malware infection
- Co-operation with banks after phishing attacks
- Selection of network security products with emphasis on protection and performance
AV-Comparatives itself offers a service for private users. Malware is removed from customers’ computers at cost price. With the permission of the user, the malware is used in future tests.